San Diego RSD/CRPS Lawyer
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) as it is more commonly referred to, is a progressive disease of the Autonomic Nervous System. RSD/CRPS causes chronic pain more commonly in the arms and legs. However, the pain caused by RSD/CRPS can occur in any part of the body. In approximately 70 percent of RSD/CRPS patients, the disease spreads to another area of the body. Surprisingly, the constant, extreme pain caused by RSD/CRPS is typically greater than the pain caused by the initial injury.
Suffering a chronic injury in an accident caused by the negligent or careless actions of another person can be devastating. The RSD/CRPS attorneys in Los Angeles at the Mitchell Law Corporation understand how hard it can be physically, financially, and mentally on suffering victims. No one should have to experience such pain and we will not rest until justice is served on your behalf. We feel strongly that our role in the civil justice system is to not only secure fair compensation for clients’ losses, but to also foster accountability for wrongful actions.
Although sufferers of RSD/CRPS can experience a number of symptoms, these are the main symptoms of this horrible disease:
- Chronic pain – a severe burning sensation is usually present at the affected area even though it may feel cold to the touch. The affected area may also be extremely sensitive to touch, temperature, vibration, and sound.
- Spasms – spasms of the muscles and blood vessels in the arms and legs.
- Skin inflammation or changes in appearance – skin color, texture, and temperature may change. The skin may look blotchy, pale, or red. The texture of the skin may become shiny and thin, and the skin’s temperature may be excessively hot or cold.
- Decreased mobility – inability to move the affected body part.
- Joint stiffness – joints may swell or become stiff.
Causes of RSD/CRPS
RSD/CRPS can develop from an injury sustained in a car accident, motorcycle accident, construction site accident, slip and fall accident, pedestrian accident or truck accident. RSD/CRPS can also arise from an injury sustained in a sports-related accident or a work-related incident. No matter what type of injury you sustained in an accident, if the injury and resulting RSD/CRPS were caused through no fault of your own, speak to a RSD/CRPS lawyer in San Diego at the Mitchell Law Corporation immediately.
Millions of Dollars Recovered
Our legal expertise and aggressive litigation approach has enabled us to win large settlements and verdicts for our clients. Hundreds of millions of dollars has been won for our clients’ claim damages. Examples of the types of damages recoverable in a lawsuit, include:
- Past, current, and future medical expenses
- Lost earnings
- Emotional pain
- Physical pain
- Loss of relations (if applicable)
- Additional types of damages.
Discuss Your Case in Private
Filing a claim is not a simple task and we do not recommend victims attempt to handle the claims process on their own. With one of our skilled RSD/CRPS attorneys in Los Angeles by your side, you are much more likely to recover a larger settlement. You are also much more likely to receive higher quality medical attention when working with us. To discuss your case in private and to learn how we can assist you, call our San Diego office today at (619) 702-6518. To arrange a free case consultation in the Los Angeles area, call (310) 442-9380. All cases taken on a no win, no recovery basis.